11.12.07

Curry Puff, Ikea

Curry puff from Ikea
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Every time I go there (which is very on occasion), I never miss to treat myself to this light pastry. Oh, I would really love to have it again...

It's crispy. It has a mild, nice smell of pastry. It has soft curry potatoes fillings, and I saw from other reviews, there are pieces of chicken meat, but I don't remember there's some meat in it when I gulped down the puff. Besides, it also has a small piece of hard-boiled egg in it, which the egg seems a little over-cooked. Having the piece of egg in curry puff is usually not so normal in the ordinary "road-side stalls". However, I vaguely remember that when I was still small (yeah, lots of years back then), the curry puffs used to have pieces of egg with generous serving of chicken and potatoes fillings. But with the cost of living getting higher and higher (but not the salary), the size of curry puffs seems to shrink quite a lot. Errm, sorry, enough of the "long long time ago"... Lets get back to the tasty curry puffs from Ikea...

It costs RM 1 per curry puff or RM 5.50 for a half dozen of curry puffs. Mind you, this curry puff is best eaten when it's still hot/warm. If it is left to cool, it's not crispy anymore.

Other Reviews :
http://babeinthecitykl.blogspot.com/2007/02/review-curry-puffs-at-ikeas.html
http://foodie.parisbeaverbanks.com/2007/05/20/curry-puffs-from-ikea/
http://www.reviewstream.com/reviews/?p=9107

Address :
IKEA Malaysia
No. 2, Jalan PJU 7/2,
Mutlara Damansara,
47800 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Business Hours :
10 am to 10 pm for Sun - Thurs
10 am to 11 pm for Fri, Sat and eve of public holidays

No comments: